Sunday, February 14, 2010

Stand Inside Your Love

Today is Valentine's Day. It is a day that we are supposed to show the people that we love, that we DO love them. And they in return do the same for you. It is a day (forgive the pun), that is full of love. Or so it should be.

Personally, I think that Valentine's Day is stupid. STUPID! Why is that you ask? Well, let me explain my reasons.

I feel that if you really do love someone. Be it your significant other, your parents, siblings, friends, pets, or whatever, that you shouldn't need a specific day to remind you of letting that person know how you feel for them. You should be letting that person see how much you love and care for them...the whole year round! Not just one day. I do not think that buying chocolates and roses for a person once a year, truly shows that you love them. You should want to do wonderful things for that person always. Be sporadic about it. Throw them off-guard! Never let them wonder what your feelings for them are, because you always make it apparent to them.

I understand that not everyone thinks like me. There are probably only a few who do. And that makes me sad. Love should be the strongest emotion anyone can feel. True love. It should make someone do anything and everything they can for the person that they love. Not just when it is convenient. Not just when the calendar says so. And not just when they forget to put the milk away and have to sleep out on the couch. Love should compel a person to do amazing things.

I am a very lucky man. I have a wonderful, loving family who will do anything they can for me. I love them very much. They mean so much to me. I am who I am, because of their love and influence. I have great friends. Some that I have had since first grade. Some since high school. Some since my mission. And some since moving down here to Cedar City. I love them all. Each of you have played an important part in my life. And I am grateful for that. Sometimes, I know that I am not as good as a friend as I could be. And I apologize for that. I have a very special person in my life. Someone who shows me her love daily. Someone who helps me, and cares for me. Someone who I truly love. I am a very lucky man to have her in my life. She is my Love. She means the world to me. I love being with her. I love her.

I have learned quite a few things in my 25 years of existence. One of those being that love isn't easy. That you have to work, and fight to keep it. Maybe that is why Valentine's Day is on the calendar. To remind people to fight for those they love. If so, then good for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment