Sunday, August 1, 2010

Reach For The Sky

That's it. It is no longer in my hands. I can honestly say that I have done all in my power. I am now trusting.

I have spent the last two weeks out pounding the pavement looking for work. I have not allowed myself a break, but have been very diligent and very determined to find something that will help me. I have applied everywhere that I could think of. For jobs that I have no skills towards, to jobs that I have done in the past. I have not been picky. I have not been proud and stubborn. I have been humbled everyday by rejections. But I have not given up.

Today I fasted for help. This is not the first time that I have done this in the past few weeks. But today's fast was a little different. I fasted today to tell the Lord that this is out of my power now. That I have done all that I can. That my job search is now in His power. I am exercising my faith and hope in Him. I understand that I may not have my prayers answered in the way that I want. I understand that giving my will to the Lord truly means I have given it to Him. It is no longer mine. I also understand that this does not mean that I should sit around and wait for employers to call me. No, I need to still be out there everyday. I still need to work hard. I still need to do all that I can. I still need to be exercising my faith in the will of the Lord. And that is what I will do.

2 comments:

  1. Josh that was very beautiful, I love you so much... Heavenly Father WILL help you!!!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good comments Josh. I believe Heavenly Father will help you too. You are a good brother. I'm glad I know you.

    ReplyDelete