Thursday, November 25, 2010

Twenty-Twenty Surgery

Yesterday I went in for my latest knee surgery. I was actually kinda nervous about it. I never could pinpoint why. I knew that it was something that I needed to have done. It should have been done over a year ago...but kept being pushed aside.

Now that the surgery is done, I am feeling a little less-than thrilled. Basically the surgeon told me that what he had thought was a meniscus tear was actually just a build up of knee plica. He also said that the cartilage on the femoral side of my knee cap is cracking and is beginning to slide off. He said that this is the first time that he has seen anything like that in his entire career...and wasn't exactly sure how to proceed. So I am going in to see him and a few of his colleagues on Wednesday and discuss my options. But basically what I thought would be my last knee surgery only proves to be a stepping stone for further surgeries.

Morgan has been very supportive of me. And she has been taking great care of me. I am very lucky to have her in my life.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be ok Josh, I am very greateful to Morgan as well for taking such good care of you.

    ReplyDelete