Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Everyday Combat

Today was a very eventful day. Allow me to explain.

I've had the flu for a week now, and it has kept me up just about every night. Regardless if I take anything to help me sleep or not. It has been quite miserable. But I finally slept last night. And I did not wanna get outta bed. But I needed to. For you see I had an appointment to see a dermatologist to get some spots looked at on my back and chest. Morgan first noticed the spots in September, and it has taken this long for me to be able to get in to see the Dr. I really had no idea what they could be, so I was a little shocked when the Dr told me that I have skin cancer. Actinic Keratosis to be exact. She said that since both of my parents have had skin cancer at one point, and I have darker skin that I was predisposed to get it. Good news, right? Oh well, she said that this is the least of all the skin cancers, and that it is fairly easy to treat. She is having me start some medication, and a topical cream. And then go back in a month, and see how things look then. She also said that this type of skin cancer does not metastasize, and there is no chance that it would ever reach my lymph system of anything, So I guess if I am gonna get a cancer, I lucked out and good one that is easy to deal with. So much for me having beautiful skin... Ha!

After I left the Dr I drove off to downtown Mankato and had my bankruptcy court meeting with my creditors. I sat there for prolly an hour before my case was called. I was the best dressed of all the people there...I forgot how good I looked in a suit and tie. None of my creditors came, so my case was with my attorney and trustee. He asked me several questions about my financial history. It was probably the easiest court appearance I have had in my vast experience. Afterward my attorney told me that I did really well. And that he had all that he needed from me. That in about 60 days I would receive a notice stating my bankruptcy case is finished, and all my debts are gone. It is a big relief. I should have done this a long time ago.

I am lucky to be able to start all over again with a clean slate. I am very grateful for this opportunity. Now is the test though. The test to see if I have actually learned from my mistakes. And that I don't fall back into the same problems that I had before. I hope that is the case. I think it will be.

1 comment:

  1. Josh I am glad you found out about the skin cancer, now you just need to stay out of the SUN! You went through some hard things yesterday and I am proud of you. You will be stronger for it. Life certainly throws monkey wrenches at you... it's how you catch them that matters, and you were always a good catch. Love Momma

    ReplyDelete