Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Fond Farewell

Yesterday I left Utah. I left my family. I left my friends. I left my home. I left my truck. I left all that I knew behind me.

Today I arrived in Mankato Minnesota. Today I came to my new home. Today, I am starting life all over again.

I was very sad to leave my family. I love them very much. They are wonderful people. My parents have always been very supportive of me. And I am very grateful for that. My brothers have been my best friends all of my life. Seth and I have been very close. We have basically done everything together. He has been a great strength to me. I will miss him. Derek and I are probably more similar in life than we would admit. We are both very stubborn. We are both very strong. And this had let to many fun adventures. He is very fun to be around. I will miss him. Garrett is my youngest brother. Garrett and I have had each other our whole lives. It seems that I have always been able to talk to Garrett about whatever, and know that he has an impartial view for me. And vice versa. I will miss our conversations. And our jam sessions. And life with the Killo-G. Then there is Marissa. She is great. I will miss being able to make fun of her. She is a very caring woman. Seth is lucky to have her in his life. I will miss them individually, and I will miss them collectively.

I was able to say good-bye to some of my friends while I was in town. But there were some that I was not able to. I am very lucky to have the friends that I do. They have always been there for me. I will miss them.

The thing that I have learned about life, is that it always goes on. No matter what happens. Good or bad. And everything in between. That is my attitude right now. I have just left everything that I know behind me, to start over in Minnesota. But I know that it will all be there to welcome to back whenever I want it to. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment