Thursday, July 1, 2010

For Miles

Good-bye Cedar City. You have been real. You have been. . . good. It's all over now.

I left Cedar City last night around 10:30 pm. It had been a very, very long day. I finally made it into Springville at my parents house around 2:30 am. I was very tired. But safe.

My last day in Cedar was less than happy. After I had my truck fully loaded, and was getting ready to take off, a repo man came and took my truck. I had been very good about keeping up on my payments with America First. But I had been late on a personal loan, and a credit card. And they decided to take my truck as collateral. There was nothing I could do. Unless I had $6,500.00 just laying around. . . And who has that? So I quickly unloaded the stuff in my truck. And Unhooked the trailer. Then with the help of my Dad, got a 17-foot U-Haul truck. Only problem was that I needed to take the U-Haul trailer to Enterprise (45 miles west), unload the trailer and load the truck without any way to get there. Thankfully my neighbor was able to help me get the trailer to Enterprise. Then finally, 5 hours after first arriving in Enterprise, I left with the truck all loaded.

I was tired. I was sore. I was hungry. And about to pass out from heat exhaustion. But I made it back.

Good-bye Cedar City. Thank you for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment