Monday, April 5, 2010

Until The End

...Finally. It has officially begun.

Today marked the beginning of my internship. 8 1/2 hours down, and only 531 1/2 left. Yikes! Oh well. I think that it will go by fairly quick. (I hope so anyways!)

For the next two weeks I will be in Utah Valley Regional Medical Center's Central Processing.(UVRMC CP.) For those of you who do not know what Central Processing is, allow me to instruct you. It is a lot of work! Basically in CP I pull case carts (all the stuff needed for a surgery), clean instruments, and repackage instruments into their specific cases. It is very very very repetitive. However, all the workers there seem to really enjoy their jobs. So maybe it was just a repetitive day for me...who knows. I am not complaining. I am excited to have finally started. I think that this will be a very good start for me too. It will help me learn new instruments. And help me to be quick and efficient during surgery.

On a positive note, my supervisor in CP told me that I can basically work as many hours as I would like while I am there. And I plan on taking her up on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment