Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hold Fast Hope

Again, it's all done.

I say "again" because I have been in this situation before. Just 6 months ago. This time however things look more promising. But the title (Hold Fast Hope) still remains.

Starting last Wednesday (March 24), I began my re-training at Ameritech. I was very doubtful that things would work out in my favor. After a quick talk with Heather, I found my way into the Lab, and began scrubbing in for a mock procedure. We did an Exploratory Laparotomy. Afterward Heather told me that she was very surprised at how well I did. And how much I had retained from being away from school for so long. It was a complement that I was grateful for. And something that should have been said a year ago... Oh well.

Today marked the end of my re-training. I passed all the exams and tests that she gave me with a better score than when I was actually enrolled. Including a 100% on instruments and sutures! I am glad to have it done. Again.

Monday I begin my first day of my internship. I start in the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center's Central Processing. And then two weeks later I will be moving to the Utah Valley Outpatient Center for actual surgeries. From there I will either be going to Cedar City's Valley View Hospital of to a surgery center in St. George. Again, I am holding fast to that hope...
,
All I can say is, IT IS ABOUT TIME! Finally I am starting! I have to do 540 hours...yeah...that many. I am hoping that I can knock them out quickly. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment