Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fat Lip

Hahaha! Ohk...so that may not be the best title there could be. Oh well. It is somewhat applicable. Hopefully you'll be able to see why.

So my first week at the Oral Surgery rotation is over. It has been very very interesting. I have enjoyed it. The doctor is super chill. And the girls that work there are very nice and fun to work with. I told the doctor that I am working on going into dental school, and had thought about oral surgery a long time ago. And since then he has kinda taken me under his wing and explained everything that he does. It has been really cool. Kinda like I am his apprentice. It has been fun.

We have done quite a few different procedures during this week. It was weird at first to have the patient awake and conscious through some of them. I wasn't used to that at all... It's cool that there is the full dental side to things, and then the surgery side too. I have enjoyed it a lot so far. And the doctor said that next week he is going to have me do some procedures. Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment