Friday, June 18, 2010

Down On The Street

...Sigh... This wasn't really my week. Why, you ask? Well, please allow me to explain.

Last Wednesday, while I was working FedEx I back the gigantic truck into a parking space between two cars. There was plenty of room between the vehicles. As I was pulling out of the space, I cut the turn a little too early and managed to hook my FedEx truck onto the suburban. I didn't realize this until I pulled the suburban with me about 5 feet. Luckily the owner of the suburban didn't care at all. I left a few scratches on it. But that was it. I was extremely lucky!

On Monday after I was all loaded and ready to start deliveries, my truck decided to be a jerk and would not start at all. It took my boss's truck, and another driver's truck to finally get my to start. Then when I was about 10 miles out of town, and in the middle of no where doing my deliveries my truck died again. Four hours later I was able to start delivering again.

Then today I was helping out our other driver. When the day ended he parked his truck at my house so I could take the truck down to the terminal, and he could get off work a little earlier. I had a few errands to do first, so I moved the truck across the street. The without thinking I closed the door on the truck with the keys in it. Those of you who are unfamiliar with these huge nasty trucks, once a door closes, it is locked. So, I had conveniently locked the only set of keys in the truck. Needless to say at this point my boss was quite frustrated with me. We were able to use a pry bar and lift the back door. Thankfully without any damage to the truck.

What a week huh? Thankfully it is now over.

No comments:

Post a Comment