Saturday, June 26, 2010

This Time Imperfect

Well, once again I am packing my life. Packing for a new adventure. A new opportunity. And a new chance to start life over again.

Last year as Morgan and I were moving down to Cedar City, I compiled my moving history. Lets just say that for someone who is only 25 years old...I have moved an awful lot in my life. Around 18 times. Give or take a few.

I have mixed emotions about this. I am very excited to start life over again. It is something that I do love. I love change. I love the chance to grow, and become stronger. But it will be different. Morgan and I will not be living together at first. There are some things that I need to work out. We are still very much together. And still very much in love. I just need some time to reconnect with myself. I think that it will be a very good thing. Something that I need. But I will be honest...I am not too thrilled about it. I love seeing her everyday. I love coming home from school or work and being there with her. I love cooking meals for us. And eating together. And falling asleep together. And everything else. I am going to miss that. Hopefully I can get it all worked out for the better.

Leaving Cedar City is going to be easier than I thought it would be. It is funny though...looking back at when we first came here, we LOVED it! We loved the scenery. We loved the availability of activities. We loved being here. We would brag about it to people. To family. To you. At some point during the past 11 months, that changed. I still find this area beautiful. I still think that there are some super fun things to be done here. But, I do not know if it is worth all the hassle that we have endured. We both came here to further our education. To work. And to experience more out of life than Utah County was offering. My job was wonderful for a month and a half. I was working full-time, and bringing in really good money. Since then I have struggled to pay for gas. School was not too great either. I will just summarize by saying that I can, and will do MUCH better. I think that I have made a few good friends here in Cedar. But altogether, I do not believe that I have ever met more selfish, backbiting people in my entire life than the people that I have met and associated with here in Cedar City. And those things have seemed to over weigh the things that we fell in love with originally.

I am moving to a beautiful new place, Mankato Minnesota. I have a full-time job that does not fluctuate hours depending on what people order from the internet. School will be better. It has to be if I am going to accomplish what I want in my life. I have no choice on the matter. And the people there are the nicest people I have ever met in my entire life. I am excited.

I am leaving a lot behind in this move. I am not talking about material possessions. I am talking about the things that actually matter in life. My family. My friends. And memories. I will miss them all. Minnesota is only two states away...1,400 miles or so. I will miss seeing my family as often as I have been afforded the opportunity here. I will miss my friends. I have some very good ones. I will miss my memories of this place. But I guess that just means that I get to make some new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment