Thursday, October 28, 2010

Romance

Love is an interesting thing. It is a feeling completely different than any of the other feelings. Happiness/joy/anger/frustration/envy/hunger/etc. all seem to fade after time. Whether you address the underline cause or not. But from my experience, love doesn’t fade. It grows.

Morgan and I have nearly been dating for two years now. I can say that I have never been happier with anyone ever before in my life. She lights up my life. She teaches me. She inspires me to want to be better. And excel in every aspect of my life. And I love her for that.

Today Morgan texted me and said there was a package coming for me, and she wanted me to be at her house to receive it. I was surprised, and anxious. And excited. So she came and picked me up. We ate some day-old pizza, and then she had to go back to school. Soon after she left, the package arrived. I was excited. It was a rather large box. But I decided to wait for her to come home until I opened it. So I waited. The time seemed to go by s.l.o.w.l.y.

Eventually, she was back. I opened that box with vigor, and discovered a new Goose Down coat. Some extra warm gloves. And a super soft ear warmer. Morgan had just re-equipped me with new winter wear. Calling it our “Happy First Winter in Minnesota!”

My heart melted.

This is what I mean about love. Morgan tells me all that time that she loves me. And she does nice things for me all the time. But opening a box that is filled with new outerwear that will keep me warm while I ride around on the scooter in freezing weather… That was different. She saw a need. And she took care of it.

I am a lucky man. I am lucky because I have someone in my life that helps me in the obvious, everyday things. And because she sees needs that I have never brought up, and she takes care of them. She constantly surrounds me with that love. You know, that feeling that doesn’t fade, but grows.

I love her. I really do.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful, and how nice of Morgan! I am glad you are happy.

    ReplyDelete