Monday, January 10, 2011

Little Things

Sometimes I forget how simple things can be.

I am the type of person who has to understand things. I do it with practically every situation I have ever been in. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it can be when applied to all aspects of my life. Especially spiritually.

Ether 12:27 states: And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

I read over that verse last night several times. And I have read over it several times today. For a long time now my faith has been in what I can explain. What makes logical sense to me. And that is not what faith is.

I need to start to look at things from an eternal perspective. God is in control. I have fought that long enough. His grace is sufficient. He can make my weaknesses become my strengths. If I humble myself, and exert my faith. I don't need to understand. I don't need to see the full picture. Instead, I can be reassured that I will be okay. That my life will work itself out. As long as I do what I need to do, and through my faith God's grace will make up for the rest.

That simple verse gives me so much comfort. I don't need to be fighting always. However, I still need to work hard. I need to try to do all that I can to better my situation. And I need to have faith. That is my goal for the week. Faith and works.

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful and very well written. Yip you got it right, that is what we all need to do. There are so many things that we can't explain, or understand, but we know that they work. Example: remember my music records? They would hold maybe 16 or 17 songs. Then you look at the little tiny Ipod and it can hold thousands! I don't know how it works but it does. That is how Heavenly Father is, we don't know how he does it, but he does. His grace is sufficient for us all.

    ReplyDelete