Monday, March 8, 2010

Long Road

Well, we made it. It was a long drive, a long drive, A LONG DRIVE, but we made it.

Curtis T. Cluff graciously consented to watch Haylee. So after we had all packed, and explained things to Curtis we took off. Morgan and I were finally on the road around 9:30 pm.

The Roads weren't too bad. I guess that is what to expect when you leave Cedar so late on a Thursday night. Morgan was pretty much asleep by the time we got to St. George. Which was good, cause she needed as much sleep as she could get.

I decided to stop in Las Vegas to get some energy drinks, and stretch my legs a bit. After a quick break we were back on the road. About five minutes later we were again stopped. But not by my choice. Las Vegas decided to close all but one lane on I-15 and caused a gigantic traffic jam. We were stuck for about a half hour. Far too long. I had killed both energy drinks by now. Stupid traffic jams...

The drive into California wasn't too bad. There weren't very many people on the road at all. Mainly just truckers. Sometime I think that my memory is just ridiculous. I pulled into Barstow around 2:30 am to get some gas. I thought the area looked familiar...but wasn't sure why. I got outta Belle, and then knew why. This was the exact gas station that we had stopped to get gas at in the summer when we were starting our Pacific Coast Trip. What is even more ridiculous is that we had stopped at the same pump, and I remembered that...

Sometimes I think that God really is watching over us. Ohk, I know that he always is. About 15 minutes outside of Barstow I get the feeling just to slow down. Now, I hadn't been speeding at all the whole drive. But I followed that feeling. A few minutes later I see a highway patrol make a U-Turn down the freeway, and pull onto my side of the freeway. So at this point I wonder whats going on. A few miles later I see a car stopped in the middle lane of the freeway. As I get closer I see that there is another car on the side of the road. Both cars have their doors open, and even stranger is that there are about 6 guys fighting a hiding behind their cars in the middle of the freeway. We were the only other car on the road, and I was thankful that I saw this far in advance so I could swerve outta the way at the right moment. I assume the highway patrol saw this, and flipped around to take care of it. But still...I've never seen anything like that at all.

I started to get tired around San Bernardino. And about this time traffic started to get heavy. But thankfully I had my jPod. And I was able to stay awake. We pulled into San Diego State Universities parking lot around 5:30 am. We had made it! I stopped Belle, and Morgan rolled over and woke up. She was surprised to see that we were here. I told her that she still had time to sleep, so both of us lay uncomfortable in the car a fell asleep. For a minute or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment