Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lost In Hollywood

Sometimes I am reminded why I like California. The beautiful weather. The beaches. The ocean. The beauty and diversity of it. I just like it.

Morgan and I recently returned from another California trip. We went to San Diego (for Morgan's audition), Los Angeles, Universal Studios Hollywood, and Manhattan Beach.

This was the first time that I had ever been to San Diego. And I really like it there. I think that I am very partial to San Francisco, and Marin County. But next to them, I would say San Diego is my favorite spot in California. While Morgan had her audition I went and kinda toured San Diego. My main goal was to see the new film about the Mormon Battalion that my mom, and Seth and Garrett were in. I drove all the way to the San Diego Temple, just to find out that it wasn't there. So then I rushed to Old Town San Diego where the visitors center is. I walked in and told the senior missionary sister that I just wanted to watch the most recent film about the Battalion. So she took me into a theater there and we watched. About 5 minutes in, I realized that this was not the correct video. I told her this...but she didn't seem to hear me. So 20 minutes later I emerged and saw a set of sisters and asked them about the video. They knew what I was talking about, and showed it to me. It's actually really cool how they did it. The whole tour revolves around the video. I would suggest it. After that I drove through downtown San Diego, and saw the beach. It's so beautiful down there.

Next we made our way up to Los Angeles and onto our hotel in Manhattan Beach. I just gotta say that we scored on the hotel room. The room itself had a couch, fireplace, and a full kitchen. Then the hotel had a complementary breakfast buffet. It was delicious. We ordered pizza for dinner the night that we got in. I had never thought of jalapenos on a pizza before. But I would rather surprised by how good it was. And VERY hot. But very tasty.

Saturday brought rain, but also Universal Studios. I do like that place. I think that we did every ride, and every attraction there. My favorite (of course) was The Simpsons Ride. We did that one twice. It is super fun. Because it was rainy and cold the park gave out free hot chocolate. So we got three cups each during our duration in the park. The last thing we did was watch the Water World show. Well, sorta. The actors started the show, but then the rain started to come down very heavy. So they ended up canceling the rest of it. So we decided to leave. As we were walking to the exits we noticed that there was two employees at the gates. As we got closer we noticed that they were giving out free day passes because of the rain. So not only did we have a great day there, we also got free passes to come back! Score!

I usually hate the day the vacation is over. But how could I hate a day that starts at the beach?! We both dressed for the occasion, but I was the only fool to actually go swimming in the ridiculously cold water. It was fun though. I love the ocean. It's so soothing. I think that we both just love it. Morgan has posted pictures of it here.

After a stop at Trader Joes for some snacks we were back on the road. I think the drive back to anywhere always seems twice as long. We arrived safely in Cedar City around 10:00 pm. It is always nice to be home. And just know you can relax. But I always seem to miss the trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment