Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wild Pack Of Family Dogs

Morgan is gone. She is in Minnesota for her audition! Getting her there was far more eventful that either of us had imagined.

We left Cedar City for Las Vegas with plenty of time to get her on her flight on time. We pulled into Vegas around 11:30 pm, an hour before her flight was scheduled to depart. It took about 15 more minutes to get her to the airport. We said our good-byes (which I am terrible at...), and she left. I got back in Belle, and drove off. I was about all the way out of Vegas when I received a text from Morgan saying Delta wouldn't let her board her flight? I was super confused. She said that she had missed the check-in time by a few minutes and Delta wasn't going to do anything about it. Apparently Delta Airlines has a 45 minute check-in policy that no one knows about. And if you are not there in time, they won't let you board the flight. Morgan had missed it by about 2 minutes. Stupid. So I took the next exit, and turned back toward the airport not know what to do.

Luckily Morgan was able to track down a manager with Delta and found out that she could wait in stand by for the next flight to Minnesota an hour later. So in the meantime I waited in an In N Out. I was so furious with Delta! I couldn't believe that they would have such a stupid policy, and that they were not willing to accommodate people. But thankfully, Morgan was able to get on that flight. It was such a huge relief, and an answer to many prayers! Stupid stupids!

Thursday night brought my parents down from Springville. I was very happy to see them, and be able to spend more than a few hours with them. The next morning we headed up to Brian Head for a good day of skiing. But, it also wasn't what we were expecting.

We got to the resort and were very surprised by how few people were there. We soon found out the reason. You see the night before the weather was just crazy! It was so windy at Brian Head that they had to close down all the lifts but two. Of course, we learned of this after we had already purchased our passes. So, we decided to brave the weather!

If you discount the fact that the snow has wind blown, and super crusty. The powder being heavy, and the wind being fierce, it was a great day! I had a wonderful time skiing with my parents. At the end of last season my Dad purchased some new 4FRNT ski's. And I'll be honest. I am quite jealous. They seem amazing. And I was able to see the professional skier that my Dad really is. My Mom also is quite amazing. She isn't as reckless as I am. Or seamlessly perfect as my Dad is, but she is brave. And she shows it. They are very fun to ski with! It was such a great day. I am glad that we were able to have it. I really enjoy being with them. They are wonderful people, and I love them!

Tomorrow I go back to Vegas to pick Morgan up from the airport. I am super de duper excited to see her! Hopefully this flight is less eventful than the last...

No comments:

Post a Comment